Download Printed Materials
The print versions of the NIH curriculum supplements consist of a comprehensive teacher's guide and a CD-ROM with multimedia activities. Follow the directions below to download the CD-ROM, which includes pdf files of the teacher's guide. This is the quickest way for you to access the NIH curriculum supplements.
These downloads are very large and a high-speed connection is strongly recommended.
The downloads are provided in two formats, "Entire Download" and "Segmented Download".
After downloading with either format, follow the directions in README.HTM to install the multimedia activities onto your computer. You will need the free QuickTime 4 (or higher) player from Apple in order to use the multimedia activities. After installation, click on the NIH logo to start the program and access the pdf files of the teacher's guide.
- "Entire Download" is the CD-ROM in one large file. If you have a fast connection try this option first.
- The "Segmented Download" option allows you to download portions of the CD-ROM one at a time. Once all the portions have been downloaded they must be put together with the merge program. Directions for merging are to your right.
- In Internet Explorer, right-click on the link and select "Save Target As..."
- In Netscape, right-click on the link and select "Save Link As..."
- In Internet Explorer, command-click on the link and select "Download Link to Disk"
- In Netscape, command-click on the link and select "Save this Link as..."
- First download the files ending in .sea.2 through .sea.9
- Then download either of the files ending in .sea.bin or .sea.hqx and decode the file. (You can use Stuffit Expander which can be found at http://www.stuffit.com/expander/download.html)
- If a Join popup window appears, click on Stop or Cancel.
- Click on the decoded file ending in .sea to start the self extraction process.
|Chemicals, The Environment, and You: Explorations in Science and Human Health|
OSE Home | Curriculum Supplements - Description Summary | FAQ | News | Feedback