Specific Content Areas
The main content categories on NIAID's site can be found by clicking on any one of the tabs along the top of each page of the site:
The search engine will look through an index of content on NIAID's site.
- In the sidebar at the right of NIAID pages is a Search box. Type a word or phrase in the box and click the "go" button to activate your search.
- To get medical advice, we urge you to consult your doctor. As a biomedical research agency, we cannot give medical advice or answer personal medical questions.
- MEDLINEplus Directories—A service of NIH's National Library of Medicine may assist you in finding medical care.
- A university-affiliated research hospital in your area may help you find a specialist.
Health/Disease Information—Additional Sources
- NIH Health Information Index—An A–Z subject guide that provides a direct link to the specific NIH Institute that supports research related to your health concern.
- MEDLINEplus—A service of NIH's National Library of Medicine to assist you in finding quality health sites, not only at NIH, but also at other reliable institutions across the country. Use the search box to find resources on the topic of your choice.
Problems Opening Files
If you are experiencing difficulties downloading or reading files, you can visit NIAID's plug-ins page to download viewers and plug-ins.
If you did not find what you were looking for, send us an e-mail message, or call or write us at:
NIAID Office of Communications and Government Relations
6610 Rockledge Drive, MSC 6612
Bethesda, MD 20892-6612
United States of America
Please allow 7 to 10 working days for NIAID to reply.