This new PDA version includes adult (Original and IDMS-traceable) and children's calculators in conventional units for download on Palm and Windows Operating Systems.
Note to Children’s Calculator Users
This PDA download was developed in 2006 with the original Schwartz equation, using a k of 0.65 for adolescent males instead of 0.70. Also, the PDA download does not contain the IDMS-traceable Schwartz equation calculator, which was created in October 2008.
To install the GFR calculators, please follow the instructions below for your specific device.
- Mount your Palm device on your computer.
- Click on the "GFRCalc for Palm Setup.exe" icon.
- After the installation is complete, click on the "GFR Calculator" icon on your mobile device and the application will launch.
Download the Palm OS version.
- Mount your Windows Mobile device on your computer.
- Click on the "GFRCalc_for_Pocket_Setup.exe" icon.
- After the installation is complete, go to Programs on your mobile device and run File Explorer. Find the path: \My Device\Program Files\GFRCalc. Run GfrCalc.exe.
Download the Windows Mobile version.
Email your comments, questions, and suggestions regarding this application to the National Kidney Disease Education Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is made available as part of the educational mission of the National Kidney Disease Education Program of NIH. It may be freely distributed without further permission.
When referencing this program we request that you cite NKDEP as the source. If any changes are made to the program or information contained in the program, this fact should be clearly stated. In addition, the program and links should not be used in any direct or indirect product endorsement. Use of this program does not constitute endorsement of any commercial software products by the NKDEP.