Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences (DCCPS)
Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer
- Downloadable data sets of incidence and mortality trends by race, gender, and cancer site.
Bibliography of Tobacco Use and Health Disparities
- This bibliography features literature on tobacco-related health disparities and focuses on special populations and themes.
California Health Interview Survey
- Population-based, standardized, health-related data from households in California
Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T.
- Gateway to resources for cancer control planning
Cancer Family Registries for Breast and Colon Cancer
- Facilitate investigations in genetic and molecular epidemiology of breast cancer
Cancer Genetics Network (CGN)
- National network of centers specializing in study of inherited predisposition to cancer
Cancer Mortality Maps & Graphs Web Site
- Create customized graphical displays of geographic patterns and time trends of cancer death rates.
Cancer Query Systems
- Web query with access to over 10 million cancer statistics
Cancer Risk Prediction Resources
- A resource for investigators developing, evaluating, and applying risk prediction models for cancer risk and susceptibility.
Cancer Survivor Prevalence Statistics
- Statistics, definitions of cancer prevalence, references
Cancer Trends Progress Report
- Current, comprehensive report on the Nation's progress against cancer
Designing for Dissemination
- Web-based tool to facilitate knowledge transfer in cancer control
DevCan Software Program
- Calculates population estimates of the lifetime and age-conditional risks of developing cancer and dying from cancer using cross-sectional incidence and mortality rates
Diet History Questionnaire
- Food frequency questionnaire
- Software used to analyze the Diet History Questionnaire data files
Dietary Assessment Calibration/Validation (DACV) Register
- Studies and publications comparing dietary intake estimates from various dietary assessment methods
Directory of Products Developed through Multimedia Technology Health Communication Grants for Small Businesses
- Database of products from the Division of Cancer Control and Populations Sciences
- Provides access to pre-calculated cancer statistics and output options: SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1973-1998
Finding Cancer Statistics
- Website for access to recent reports, datasets, and statistical tools for professionals and the public
Fruit and Vegetable Screeners
- Two assessment tools designed to track changes in fruit and vegetable intake and compare across population groups
Geographic Information System for Breast Cancer Studies on Long Island (LI GIS)
- Investigate potential relationships between environmental exposures and risk for breast cancer
Glycemic Index Values Database
- The file provides GI values for those foods consumed by adults and queried on the Diet History Questionnaire (DHQ) or other Food Frequency Questionnaires used at NCI.
Health Information National Trends Survey
- Survey designed to analyze data to gain insight into people's knowledge about cancer
International Cancer Screening Network (ICSN)
- The International Cancer Screening Network (ICSN) is dedicated to collaborative research aimed at identifying and fostering efficient and effective approaches to cancer control worldwide through population-based screening mammography.
Joinpoint Regression Program
- Statistical software to analyze joinpoint models
Measures Guide for Youth Tobacco Research
- The Measures Guide for Youth Tobacco Research is intended as a resource for anyone conducting research on youth tobacco use or intervening with adolescent tobacco users.
National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) Cancer Control Topical Module
- Data collection survey instruments, data processing, data analyses, etc.
Online Guide to Health Message Tailoring
- Information and instructions for health message tailoring and relevant research
Percent Energy from Fat Screener
- Assessment instrument to estimate an individual's usual intake of energy from fat
Physician Health Plan Surveys
- National survey data used to analyze the status of cancer control
Pyramid Servings Database for NHANES III
- Examination of dietary data from the National Center for Health Statistics' Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
Risk Communication Bibliography: Explaining Risks to the Public
- Risk communication publications resource
SEER Public Use File
- Individual records on cancers diagnosed in residents of SEER areas
- Software to facilitate data analysis
- Statistical package for the analysis of SEER and other cancer databases
- Links data from SEER registries with Medicare claims data
Smokefree Meeting Policy
- In July 2006, NCI announced a new smoke-free meeting policy requiring that all meetings and conferences organized or primarily sponsored by NCI be held in a locality that has adopted a comprehensive smoke-free policy.
- Smokefree.gov is intended to help you or someone you care about quit smoking.
Stimulating Researcher/Practitioner Partnerships for Research Aimed at Modifying Dietary Behavior Related to Cancer Risk
- Fact Sheet with behavioral interventions in promoting dietary change
Theories Project: Improving Theories of Health Behavior
- Provides summaries and analyses on behavioral research
Tobacco Use Supplement - Current Population Survey
- Source of national and state data on smoking and other tobacco use in the U.S.
back to top