Study # 390
What is the purpose of the study?
To compare the impact of different doses of methadone on heart,
liver and kidney function and abstinence.
Who can participate in the study?
This study is accepting men and women who:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Are physically dependent on heroin, cocaine, or methadone
- Are able to come to the clinic 7 days a week
What will participants be asked to do?
The study consists of 8 months of methadone maintenance.
- Come in every day for methadone
- Receive counseling once a week
- Provide samples of blood and saliva every 4 weeks
- Provide urine samples 3 times a week
- Complete questionnaires
Where is the study taking place?
The NIDA Intramural Research Program is located on the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center campus in East Baltimore.
Will there be any cost to participate?
No, there is no charge for study-related medical care, including study visits and procedures.
Will I receive payment of some kind?
You might be able to earn vouchers. The vouchers would be redeemable for store-bought items.
How can I find out if I’m eligible to participate?
Call 1-866-START NOW (1-866-782-7866) for a confidential screening.