Study # 380
What is the purpose of the study?
To use new MRI techniques to measure brain functions.
Who can participate in the study?
This study is accepting men and women who:
- Are 18 to 50 years of age
- Are in generally good health
What will participants be asked to do?
The study consists of 1 to 2 visits. Participants will:
- Have an MRI scanner take pictures of their brain either while performing computer based thinking tasks or while laying still
- Have a small amount of blood drawn (optional)
- Complete questionnaires
- Abstain from alcohol for 24 hours prior to each study visit
- Not drink more than ½ cup of caffeinated beverage for 12 hours prior to each study visit
Where is the study taking place?
The NIDA Intramural Research Program is located on the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center campus in East Baltimore.
How much does it cost?
There is no charge for study-related medical care, including study visits and procedures.
Will I receive payment of some kind?
All study participants will be compensated for their time and travel.
How can I find out if I’m eligible to participate?
Call 1-888-OUR-BRAIN (1-888-687-2724) for a