The NIH Office of Intramural Training and Education (OITE) respects the privacy of users of its Web sites. OITE does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about visitors unless required to do so by law. OITE automatically collects a limited amount of information about the users of its Web sites for routine statistical purposes, that is, to measure the numbers of visitors. This information may also be helpful when considering changes to make the site more useful to visitors. The following information about users of the OITE Web sites is collected and stored automatically:
- The Internet domain from which a user has accessed the Internet.
- The Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer that was used to access the Internet.
- The name and version of the user's computer operating system and Internet browser.
- If a user comes to www.training.nih.gov from another Web site, the Internet address of the "referring" Web site.
- The date, time, and duration of the user's visit to www.training.nih.gov, and the pages visited.
Federal government Web sites are generally prohibited from using persistent cookies, and this site does not employ them.
When inquiries are received by e-mail, the questions and the e-mail address of the sender are stored electronically to allow time for a response to be researched, written, and sent. Unless otherwise required by law, OITE will not identify anyone who sends questions or comments to its Web site. OITE does not collect information that will allow users to be identified personally unless they choose to provide such information.
Links to Other Web Sites
OITE Web sites have links to many other Web sites. OITE cannot guarantee the privacy or security of information users provide to linked external Web sites.
If you believe that our website has collected incorrect information or if you would like to dispute any information, please contact us using the address below.
NIH Office of Intramural Training and Education (OITE)
Building 2, Room 2W17
Bethesda MD 20892