Research Menu

Re: make relabel: invalid context

From: Koen Vervloesem <koen.vervloesem_at_student.kuleuven.ac.be>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 00:37:08 +0200

> I hit this problem when trying to use a version 16 policy on a kernel
> which was not configured for it (that is vanilla 2.6.4). Try to set
> POLICYCOMPAT = -c in the Makefile and also delete
> /etc/security/selinux/policy.16 , this should fix it.

OK. Many thanks for the help. I changed the Makefile, deleted the policy.16 file, and reran make policy and make install. Now I didn't get any errors. But is this normal:

root@carnivore:~/policy-1.8# make load
/usr/sbin/load_policy /etc/security/selinux/policy.15 touch tmp/load
root@carnivore:~/policy-1.8# make relabel /usr/sbin/setfiles file_contexts/file_contexts `mount | awk '/(ext[23]| xfs).*rw/{print $3}'`
/usr/sbin/setfiles: read 0 specifications

Regards,

Koen

--
"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely
rearranging their prejudices." (William James)