Research Menu

[RFC v5 0/1] The 'v5' NetLabel secid support patch

From: paul.moore_at_hp.com
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 14:41:04 -0400

This is the latest NetLabel secid support patch, the changes from the last (v4) version include:

  • feedback from yesterday (10/4) regarding moving to SECINITSID_UNLABELED for the NetLabel TE information when there is nothing else available
  • changes to allow NetLabel to send error messages back to the peer as required by the CIPSO specifications (my fault for not catching this sooner)
  • bug fixes

This patch is based against the following (in order):

  • David Miller's net-2.6 git tree from about an hour ago
  • The RFC patch I posted earlier today to use SECINITSID_UNLABELED in the non secid case (I haven't heard anything on this, if there is still no comment I will be pushing this to netdev this evening)
  • Venkat's nine secid patches from Sunday (10/1)
  • Venkat's small update from earlier this week
--
paul moore
linux security @ hp