[NIFL-ESL:1287] RV: From Venezuela para uds. y el mundo

From: CARLOS DIMEO (dimeo@telcel.net.ve)
Date: Wed Aug 27 1997 - 16:06:08 EDT

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:06:08 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "CARLOS DIMEO" <dimeo@telcel.net.ve>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:1287] RV: From Venezuela para uds. y el mundo

----------
> De: Birgit Jakobsson <birjak@algonet.se>
> A: dimeo@telcel.net.ve
> Asunto: From Sweden
> Fecha: sábado 23 de agosto de 1997 3:38
>
> CARLOS DIMEO wrote:
> >
> > ----------
> > De: CARLOS DIMEO <dimeo@telcel.net.ve>
> > A: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
> > Asunto: RV: Carlos Dimeo suscribe nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov  my email
is
> > <dimeo@telcel.net.ve>
> > Fecha: viernes 22 de agosto de 1997 22:01

> Hallo!
>
> I am Birgit Jakobsson from Sweden. I would like to know other people
> working with "alfabetización". I work in Sweden with
> alfabetización/literacy among adult immigrants. We teach them to read
> and write directly in Swedish and native teachers support them by
> explaining in their native languages. There are also some programs where
> they start with teaching in their native languages, and after in
> Swedish. They can stay 1 - 3 years about 15 hours a week.
> This summer me and my husband went to Ecuador for 2,5 weeks. We saw many
> interesting and beautiful things, also some schools for children. I am
> interesting to know about alfabetization also in Ecuador and Venezuela.
>
> Sincerely Birgit Jakobsson

Thank you for our responser.

First: I don't speak English, so I will try with a translator tha I have in
my computer of writing the best thing possible for you. I speak a little
bit and I read a little bit. Buy equally I would like to maintain contact
with you. Don´t worry about the language.
The literacy interests me in all the forms. In Latin America the
govermments don´t invest a lot of money in Education, this is very serious.
But if trough Internet and in otrhe communicaction ways, we can develop new
work processes this would be very interesting (interesante) for us
What you maje is fabulous.
I am about to begin a Doctorate in Education in the Central University of
Venezuela, I have no still been accepted. But I am developing a preliminary
design with the topic of "Literacy and Comunication", this to see if they
accept me, in all ways it is that less it would care since I would continue
with my investigation.
It is possible that you could make some program or project where a seminar
was dictated by you or where we established a contac between both countries
with the universities.
I graduated in the University of Carabobo.
And also there where I know to but people could make the same thing with
the master of Education.
This University has grown a lot also in the last years, and the city
(Valencia) for that reason it would be interesting if you can send me for
email some program devbelopment it is possible tha we made a seminar or a
couse, or some conference on the topic that we try.
In fact I am entering in the topic.
I would also like that if this experience was given to be able to make the
same thing with suecia. It is curious but rigt now I am reading August
Strindberg´s autobiography and it is fabulous. They have told me that
Sweden is a beautiful country, but through this book  that she/he calls
himself "Fermentation" (good taht already know Strindberg) she/he makes me
reflect that it was very hard the Swedes to build its country.
It is important that we are able to make an universal connection that in
the future we all help ourselves with all, not you if this implies to
eliminate the frontiers, but this is not it that more I worry about it, in
fact what I mean  is that people as us have to be related and to begin to
work for a very common one
I want that are very lucky, and thank you to respond me
I also hope they follow me writing
Ah please forgot me they make the project and send it to me, and don´t stop
to emit any opinion that you /they want, if they don´t find what I proposed
them then they can change it or to suggest.
This if, it is very important to make the contact and to maintain them.
Thank you.

P.S. If you know about congresses it has more than enough Literacy I would
be interested that they send me information or URL that it could visit.

Si les puedo escribir en español por favor haganmelo saber para hacer los
e-mail en mi idioma. Gracias de todas formas.

Thank you.
A greeting and a strong hug
it is of you
C.Dimeo