Re: Buy a house project

From: Susan Gaer (sgaer@otan.dni.us)
Date: Thu Jul 17 1997 - 09:03:24 EDT

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 09:03:24 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: sgaer@otan.dni.us (Susan Gaer)
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: Re: Buy a house project

Jane  writes:
>I do think it's
>laid out well enough that you don't have to be a financial expert to
>present these materials.  I don't think the materials are not for
>beginners
>or low literay folks but anything is possible in a multi-level class
>room,
>right?

I agree these materials are not for low level. They were decided for
intermediate and above. I am using them with high beginning and
although we can get through the content with no problem, I skip the
grammar sections completely. There are only advanced grammar points.

I integrate the materials into my regular ESL class. We do one lesson a
week and for the summer are able to complete one unit.I will try and
upload lesson ideas and interesting sites as I find them to the web
page.

Susan Gaer