[NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:3065] Re: website by students

From: David Rosen (djrosen@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 08:57:47 EST

Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:57:47 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov
From: David Rosen <djrosen@comcast.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:3065] Re: website by  students

Thanks, Samuel. This good work was done by teachers: Eric Appleton
(Fortune Society) Sam Bernstein (Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center),
Wendy Quinones (Community Learning Center, Cambridge, MA) Pat O'Brien
(formerly at the CLC Cambridge,MA),Maura Donnelly (Queens Community
College, NYC) and Susan Gaer, Santa Anna College, Santa Ana, CA, and,
of course, their students.

There are teachers across the world whose students are involved in a
Web-based classroom virtual visit project hosted by Susan Gaer and me.
The classes have a multi-month exchange using Web pages and e-mail.
They iintroduce themselves, their schools and their communities and
have dialogues.  Many are adult ESL classes but some are ABE or GED,
and some are classes of school children so it can be
cross-generational.  For more information, go to:

	http://www.otan.us/webfarm/emailproject/school.htm

For more information on project-based learning and examples of adult
ESOL student projects using the Web, go to Susan Gaer's Online Projects
Web page:

	http://www.otan.us/webfarm/emailproject/school.htm

All the best,

David