[NIFL-ESL:9227] NPR seeks ideas re democracy

From: Frances Keenan (fkeenan@pbs.org)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 09:23:12 EDT

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:23:12 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Frances Keenan" <fkeenan@pbs.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9227] NPR seeks ideas re democracy

 This National Public Radio effort might be of interest to teachers on
this list. On the web site (link below) you can contribute your ideas
about the health of our democracy and what sustains it. (The questions
do focus on citizenship so may not work so well as a class project....)

>From November 3 through 9, public radio stations around the country will
air stories, host local events and conduct interactive discussions on
the Internet examining the health of democracy in America.

We're seeking your ideas to help us plan our coverage and explain the
challenges facing American democracy.

http://www.understandingamerica.org/democracy/survey/survey.php?org=npr

Fran Keenan
PBS Adult Learning Service
fkeenan@pbs.org

PBS Program Clubs-like book clubs, but for TV.
Start your own club today.
www.pbs.org/pbsprogramclub

This email may contain material that is confidential or proprietary to PBS and is intended solely for use by the intended recipient.  Any review, reliance or distribution of such material by others, or forwarding of such material without express permission, is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and destroy all copies.