[NIFL-ESL:9715] Re: literature book for graduate efl students needed

From: AWilder106@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 13:48:58 EST

Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:48:58 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: AWilder106@aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9715] Re: literature book for graduate efl students needed

Dear Teachers,

I will be teaching English one night a week, maybe more, to a Bulgarian immigrant and maybe his wife.  His spoken English  is passable, his reading English quite good, writing not so hot.  She is weak in all areas, doesn't get much practice where she works.  Both want to learn to speak and understand better.

Could you give me some ways of going about this?  I have some ideas, but believe me, your experience is a million times better than mine. The goal here is fast, deep progress--just what everyone else wants, too, I expect.

Thanks for any help.