[NIFL-ESL:9660] RE: TABE and Adult LAS for ESL

From: Mark Stewart (MStewart@scj-usa.org)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 17:38:45 EST

Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:38:45 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Mark Stewart" <MStewart@scj-usa.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9660] RE: TABE and Adult LAS for ESL

Melanie:

I'm new to ESL assessment too , and although I think most standardized test approaches have their drawbacks, the impression I have is that many people feel the BEST test is more appropriate for ESL students than the TABE is.

Mark D. Stewart
Adult Education Supervisor
Spanish Coalition for Jobs, Inc.
Chicago, Illinois