[NIFL-ESL:9623] RE: Evaluation of State Education Programs

From: Plumb, Judie (jplumb@gwinnett.tec.ga.us)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 10:23:38 EST

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:23:38 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Plumb, Judie" <jplumb@gwinnett.tec.ga.us>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9623] RE: Evaluation of State Education Programs

Georgia does. At least, we do at SDA #6, Gwinnett Technical College Adult
Education Department.
1. Anyone working over 20 hours / week is evaluated. It's called "Adult
Education Personnel Assessment." Four sets of goals for all department
personnel are established in conjunction with the director:
College Annual and Strategic Goals
DTAE (Dpt of Technical & Adult Ed) Adult Literacy Goals
Gwinnett Technical College Adult Ed. Dpt and GTC Academic Division Goals
Individual Professional Development Goals
The format is to be changed this year since last year's format did not
adequately reflect progress, change, innovation or exceeding set goals.

2. All Lead Instructors (GED, ABE, ESL, EL/Civics, Health Literacy,
Workplace Literacy) are responsible for doing quarterly evaluations of their
teachers in the classroom.
3. Each 10-week quarter, students evaluate their teacher by filling out a
questionnaire with space for comments. The teacher is not present when this
is done.

Judie Plumb
Workplace & Health Literacy Lead Instructor
Gwinnett Technical College
770-962-7580  Ext 340