[NIFL-ESL:9495] Re: reading

From: Hillary Gardner (hgardner@lagcc.cuny.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 15:07:53 EDT

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:07:53 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Hillary Gardner" <hgardner@lagcc.cuny.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9495] Re: reading

Hi,

I received this last week and thought it was an interesting addition to
this thread for the folks on the listserve who wanted to see the same
passage in Spanish.

Hillary Gardner
Center for Immigrant Education & Training
LaGuardia Community College

> Sgeun un etsduio de una uivenrsdiad ignlsea, no ipmotra el odren
> en el que las ltears etsan ersciats, la uicna csoa ipormtnate es que
la
> pmrirea y la utlima ltera esten ecsritas en la psiocion cocrrtea. El
rsteo
> peuden estar ttaolmntee mal y aun pordas lerelo sin pobrleams. Etso
es pquore no
> lemeos cada ltera por si msima preo la paalbra es un tdoo.
>
> Pesornamelnte me preace icrneilbe...

>>> dottie@shattuck.net 09/16/03 02:08PM >>>
My daughter just sent this to me (forwarded to her).  I thought  some
of you would
find it interesting.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr
the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is that frist and
lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you
can sitll
raed it wiuthoit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey
lteterby it slef
but the wrod as a wlohe.  pttrey azamnig Dottie ShattuckCharlotte, NC
dottie@shattuck.net