[NIFL-ESL:9237] Masters in Adult Education

From: Barb Linek (eslmax@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 11:30:34 EDT

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:30:34 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Barb Linek" <eslmax@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9237] Masters in Adult Education

In order to advance in the field of adult education, I believe I need to complete my masters degree.  My objective is to become an ESL consultant/trainer.  I am considering a masters in Adult and Continuing Education.  This program looks at the sociological impact of Adult Education on the community served--the migrant community, in my case.  This sounds fascinating to me.

The question is:  would you administrators hire someone with an Adult Ed masters or do you look for Linguistics or TESOL?  If so, where can I find a quality masters program ONLINE in those fields?

Barb Linek

Illinois Migrant Education Even Start
Adult Education Coordinator
(815) 609-9935