[NIFL-ESL:9120] Re: hello

From: Ujwala Samant (usamant@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 18:32:11 EDT

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 18:32:11 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Ujwala Samant" <usamant@comcast.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9120] Re: hello

Salut Jean-Christophe,

I used to live in Blanc-Mesnil and later on in Aulnay-sous-Bois, both
suburbs of Paris. The places where you can find English speakers in Paris is
with the TESOL organisations in Paris, the American library which is in the
5th I think and the British Council. The Bibliotheque Americaine (rue du
General Camus?) is not far from Square Rapp. If you go there, I know they
will help you find speakers of English in your quartier. There is a huge
Anglophone community in Paris and they have plenty of activities that you
could be involved with. I am returning  to France after a 5 year sejour in
the USA, but we are going to Lyon. Had I returned to Paris, I could have
helped you more. There is also a magazine, France-USA Direct which has lots
of addresses and advertisements. Another place to meet Anglophones in Paris
is at the bookshop, Shakespeare and Company, across from the Notre Dame,
Metro St. Michel.

Good luck,
Ujwala Samant