[NIFL-ESL:8920] Re: writing in esl

From: said (said@ameritech.net)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 13:52:46 EDT

Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 13:52:46 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "said" <said@ameritech.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8920] Re: writing in esl

Actually a lot has been written about ESL and writing. I'm surprised there
isn't more in ERIC. Perhaps you might try ESL and Composition as search
terms. The major ESL publishers have a number of books on ESL writing. I'd
try Heinle & Heinle and Pearson to begin. They both have webpages. I would
assume TESOL also has some books and articles on the topic. Check their
website, and also check their publications TESOL Journal and TESOL
Quarterly. Marianne Celce-Murcia (ed.) has a whole section on ESL writing in
her book Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language. It is also
published by Heinle & Heinle. The newest edition is the 3rd edition. Hopes
this helps a little.

Terry Pruett-Said
ESL teacher
Sterling Heights, MI