[NIFL-ESL:8671] Re: schematic of vowel sounds

From: Mona Curtis (MCurtis@tvcc.cc)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 15:02:50 EST

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:02:50 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Mona Curtis" <MCurtis@tvcc.cc>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8671] Re: schematic of vowel sounds

I must say I really enjoy this list.  It's neat to ask a question like
this and get such good and rapid response.

>>> lad-oh@etop.org 02/27/03 12:51PM >>>
Hi Lisa,

There are a couple of good sites on the web:

http://www.soundsofenglish.org/pronunciation/sounds.htm (has pictures
and video demonstrating sounds)

http://www.paddocks64.freeserve.co.uk/Pages/se-av-letter-a.html
("Animated Alphabet" with animated face/mouth--British English)

As for books, Pronunciation Pairs (Cambridge Univ. Press) is excellent.
There is a mouth drawing at the beginning of each unit, and cassettes
are available to go along with the book. You can get the book and
cassettes on Amazon.

Lorraine Gardner
lad-oh@etop.org