[NIFL-ESL:8661] Re: Writing in books

From: Lorraine Gardner (lad-oh@etop.org)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 10:03:25 EST

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:03:25 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Lorraine Gardner <lad-oh@etop.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8661] Re: Writing in books

This is definitely the ideal situation, I agree. However, in the non-credit
community college ESL/ABE programs in which I have taught, the only way
students could have their own book was to buy it themselves. Some did, but
the vast majority could not afford it. So if I wanted to give students an
assignment to work on at home, I had to make photocopies. With the budget
cuts going on nowadays, I imagine the situation will not change any time
soon. It's not the ideal, but it's the situation that many of us have to face.

Lorraine Gardner
Academic/Workplace Skills Instructor
Omaha, NE
lad-oh@etop.org