[NIFL-ESL:8418] resources request

From: mev@litwomen.org
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 12:55:31 EST

Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:55:31 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "mev@litwomen.org" <mev@litwomen.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8418] resources request

Hi folks:
I have received this request and I wonder if anyone can help me with it
as it is a little out of my expertise:

"I am a�reading teacher at a small 7-12th grade school.� I am trying to
create an accelerated/independant reading program.� I have mostly
reluctant readers and I have several ESL students.� I am looking for
titles of books that I might order ... that would be suitable for my
ESL students.��Can you recommend any titles (I can order several�dozen
or more) that would be especially appropriate for my ESL readers?"

Any suggestions or ideas of where to look? Thanks for your help.
Mev

WE LEARN
Women Expanding: Literacy Education Action Resource Network
www.litwomen.org/welearn.html

Mev Miller, Ed.D., Coordinator
160 Gano St.
Providence, RI 02906