[NIFL-ESL:9365] Re: Accept English Only donation?

From: Joe Little (fyi@americanliteracy.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 13:45:34 EDT

Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:45:34 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Joe Little <fyi@americanliteracy.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9365] Re: Accept English Only donation?

>  This is starting to sound like Hitler's "Mein Kampf" ("My Struggle", not sure how to
>   spell it). However, the rhetoric is the same.

Andres & all,

(Hello, moderator. Anyone home?)   When you say that "this is starting to sound like Hitler's 'Mein Kampf'" what particularly are u referring to? Give us a quote. When u go
to the extreme of saying that someone is starting to sound like Hitler, it seems like u are playing the racist/fascist card, especially when u don't name names or quote any quotes. Are u saying that Tanya is a fascist? or are u saying that Tanya is 'beginning
to look a lot like nazi'. No wonder the conservatives in our ranks don't speak up. It's a chiller. Indeed, i am chilled to the bone at the prospect of now being titled xenophobe
(or worse) for defending T.

Never-the-less,

Joe
>   Hitler starts by saying that in the beginning, he didn't hate the jews. He just
>   noticed that they were different. They had different customs, live in their own
>   communities, spoke differently, had a different religion, etc and took advantage of
>   the German economy. He also noticed that they refused to live, act and behave like
>   "true Germans". He claims that he would go and talk to them and tell them to ,
>   but they refused, continuing to live their different ways. He felt that this was
>   detrimental to Germany, and eventually he started murdering millions of them.

Chilling.