[NIFL-ESL:9367] Re: Student needs assessment

From: kate.diggins (kate.diggins@slc.k12.ut.us)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 15:00:00 EDT

Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:00:00 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "kate.diggins" <kate.diggins@slc.k12.ut.us>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9367] Re: Student needs assessment

Elizabeth,
We use a tool called the Student Educational Occupational Plan.  To some
extent, its content conforms to the NRS reporting requirements, so we have to
ask clients to select a primary and a secondary goal from a set list.  We
also have a list of the competencies that are the focus of our program.  We
ask them to choose the ten that they think are most important for them.  We
deal mostly with basic students, so our competencies include such things as:
social skills, colors, numbers, job skills, transportation, medical, etc...