[NIFL-ESL:9145] Re: hello

From: ttweeton (ttweeton@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 18:34:44 EDT

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:34:44 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "ttweeton" <ttweeton@comcast.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9145] Re: hello

 Members
of "the other cultures" really pick this up and oftentimes internalize it
or live with a feeling of shame.

Hey Jane , exactly which countries are you referring to that might be living
with a sense of shame  because they weren't mentioned in that statement
below?? The list could conceivably include the rest of the world according
to the way you appear intrepret  Susen's message!  (Now wouldn't the French
just love it if that were true!!!)  Of course we place value judgements all
the time as human beings dear Jane .That doesn't mean that all must agree to
every statement issued  on this site. If we have to be careful of opining on
this site than I predict that the conversation will soon dry up.  Cordially
Tanya Tweeton