[NIFL-ESL:9013] Re: ICS/CALP & NCLB

From: Ken and Lisa Taber (kentaber@inetgenesis.com)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 21:48:02 EDT

Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 21:48:02 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Ken and Lisa Taber" <kentaber@inetgenesis.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9013] Re: ICS/CALP & NCLB

Title One is the Title that refers to schools that have a large portion of
its students on free and reduced lunches and are considered schools where
parents have low incomes. NCLB refers to all schools in the country. There
is however a greater incentive for Title One schools to comply. If they
don't, they may risk losing federal funding. But states that do not comply
could also face losing federal funding. It's just that Title One Schools
have more to lose.

Ken Taber
ESOL Teacher

Schools are ones of low