[NIFL-ESL:9010] Re: Presentation

From: m.white (ma.white@morehead-st.edu)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 12:06:54 EDT

Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 12:06:54 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "m.white" <ma.white@morehead-st.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9010] Re: Presentation

Hello Susan,

Over this past spring, I've been conducting ESL PD training sessions for
adult ESL practitioners around the state of Kentucky.  If your training will
be in this area, don't forget to include:  issues surrounding positionality
(interpersonal issues of race, ethnicity, gender, & age in the classroom),
some myths of how second languages are learned, Stephen Krashen's theory on
2nd language acquisition (the former two items can be searched on any engine
just by typing in the latter), basic methods of teaching ESL, and developing
and evaluating lesson plans.

Teachers want to leave any session with recommended resources (traditional &
online), germane handouts, and good ideas for immediate implementation in
the classroom.  Good luck!

Maurice White
Adult Education Academy
Morehead State University