[NIFL-ESL:8732] BEST oral

From: Barb Linek (eslmax@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 14:25:56 EST

Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:25:56 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Barb Linek" <eslmax@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8732] BEST oral

Has anyone ever administered the BEST oral test?  It looks difficult to score--more complicated than the NYSP.  However, it sounds like many states are considering switching to the BEST oral since it has two forms.  I'd like the opinions of people who've actually used it.

How is the inter-rater reliability?  Do students show good progress with it?  How long does it take to administer?

Barb Linek
Project MAX
Adult Education Services Coordinator
(815) 609-9935