[NIFL-ESL:8938] RE: Performance assessment

From: Sylvan Rainwater (sylvan@cccchs.org)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 18:32:44 EDT

Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 18:32:44 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Sylvan Rainwater" <sylvan@cccchs.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8938] RE: Performance assessment

I think this can be valuable for assessing for your own purposes. But it's
also a requirement to have a standardized test accepted for state purposes.
I use the BEST up to about a level 4, and also the CASAS reading test as
assessments, once in October/November and again in April/May.

Sylvan Rainwater   .   mailto:sylvan@cccchs.org
Family Literacy Coordinator
Clackamas County Children's Commission/Head Start
Oregon City, Oregon