[NIFL-ESL:9513] Re: Teacher Training through Video

From: Judy Rittenhouse (jrittenhouse@alclv.org)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 13:22:43 EDT

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:22:43 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Judy Rittenhouse" <jrittenhouse@alclv.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9513] Re: Teacher Training through Video

It's almost impossible to reach a live voice at a doctor's office until
you've listened to a 3- or 4-minutes phone tree. I've transcribed such a
phone tree from Drs. Happee, Tooh, Killem and Billus. After reading the
message and learning the vocabulary, students call the office and listen to
the voice on the phone...making sure they hang up before they reach the
receptionist, who is very very busy, we assume. There's no tested evidence
that this makes them any less like to choose Spanish and press '2' on the
menu, but it's listening practice.