[NIFL-ESL:9099] RE:

From: Antje Meissner (antjemeissner@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 17:41:30 EDT

Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:41:30 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Antje Meissner <antjemeissner@yahoo.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9099] RE:

Hello Gail and others:
At the Florida Literacy conference I met a man who
works at a prison in Wakulla County Florida to train
literacy tutors among the inmates. The different
prisons send suitable inmates to "his" prison and the
inmates go through a eight week training to later
return and tutor inmate students. As far as I remember
they use the Laubach materials. I don't know if that
includes ESOL tutoring. I don"t know which prison
system this man worked for.

My boss has also taught tutor training workshops at
another prison in the area.

The prison had the GED and Literacy materials
available for their inmates.

Greetings,
Antje Meissner
Literacy Volunteers of Leon County