[NIFL-ESL:9092] RE: Canada's language benchmarks (what about

From: m.white (ma.white@morehead-st.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 13:16:06 EDT

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:16:06 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "m.white" <ma.white@morehead-st.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9092] RE: Canada's language benchmarks (what about

Yes, I agree with the comments about the Canadian Benchmarks.  They're very
helpful to many adult ESL practitioners.  I'll be including some of the
material from that web site in my upcoming cycle of training.

ESD, I assume, means people "learning" American English who are from say New
Zealand??  Could it also be urban African-American speakers of English
learning "standard" American English?  Comments welcome!

Maurice White