[NIFL-ESL:9086] Re: TESOL standards and EFF

From: Ken Taber (kentaber@inetgenesis.com)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 22:00:22 EDT

Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:00:22 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Ken Taber" <kentaber@inetgenesis.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9086] Re: TESOL standards and EFF

Gustav,

You can find adult ed TESOL standards online @ tesol.org .
I would recommend buying the book: "Standards for Adult Education ESL
Programs"
Product No. 034. ISBN 1-931185-03-4 (2002).
$29.95 (TESOL Member $24.95)
TESOL's Standards for Adult Education ESL Programs answers this question by
defining quality components from a national perspective. Using program
indicators in eight distinct areas, the standards can be used to review an
existing program or as a guide in setting up a new ESOL program.You can
preview these standards on-line.

Hope this helps,
Ken Taber
kentaber@inetgenesis.com