[NIFL-ESL:8884] Re: reader's theatre

From: joe ramos (gangfree1@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 07:09:48 EDT

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:09:48 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: joe ramos <gangfree1@yahoo.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8884] Re: reader's theatre

Cathy,

I have not used reader's theare to improve reading for
ESL students but I was involved with reader's theater
while in college.

You might contact your closest university or community
college, jr.college speech department and find out if
they are involved with forensics- (public speaking,
debate, drama interpretive reading).

Most schools which are involved with forensics compete
locally, regionally and nationally and they might have
scripts or can direct you with some one who has.

If you can not locate any colleges in your area try
contacting a few colleges in the San Francisco Bay
area ex. San Francisco State University, U of
California-Berkeley, California State University -
Hayward or Chabot College Hayward,California.

I hope this helps you out.

Joe Ramos