[NIFL-ESL:8846] multi-lingual - bi-lingual resource center

From: Paul Rogers (englishtoday2002@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 11:47:24 EST

Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:47:24 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Paul Rogers <englishtoday2002@yahoo.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8846] multi-lingual - bi-lingual resource center

Concerning my post re: a resource center-
A few people sent in information about various web
sites, which are very good resources for English Only
materials,etc.
     However, I think I am talking about something
else.
     In the first place, I am concentrating on
multi-lingual bilingual resources, texts, lessons,
videos, audios, etc. - especially for beginning
students.
     And I think that it should look a little like
this:
1. It should list as much information as possible,
categorized, like “dictionaries”, “Turkish-English
medical phrases”, “Spanish-English insurance terms”,
"audio and video tapes", etc. This information would
be gathered over time.
2. Then - it should be a place where teachers and
students can easily access the information and also
share ideas, resources, lesson plans, etc.
3.It should focus on free materials which are also
copyright free, with a de-emphasis on commercial
products.
     I personally do not know anything about putting
together a web page. But I do know how to put together
a grant proposal, and I am gradually finding out about
various kinds of resources.
     So, if you feel that this type of web resource
site is something that you could help with, please
contact me personally.
Thank you very much,
Paul Rogers