[NIFL-FAMILY:1057] Re: Parents as first teachers (long)

From: Deborah Stedman (stedman01@msn.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 10:53:25 EDT

Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:53:25 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Deborah Stedman" <stedman01@msn.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1057] Re: Parents as first teachers (long)

Southwest Texas State University (San Marcos, Texas) will also be offering a
course on Family Literacy in fall, 2002.  The course will be completely
online and offered as graduate credit, will approach family literacy from a
sociocultural perspective as much as possible and will focus on instruction
in early childhood and instruction for parents as their children's first
teachers.  The course will be a "problems" course until we can get it
approved for as an ongoing course for the Developmental and Adult Education
program.

And just to set the record  straight, we've never heard of MPR, Inc, either.

Deborah Stedman
Assistant Professor
Developmental and Adult Education
Southwest Texas State University