[NIFL-FAMILY:569] Staff change at DAEL

From: Nancy Sledd (nsledd@famlit.org)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 14:56:07 EST

Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:56:07 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Nancy Sledd" <nsledd@famlit.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:569] Staff change at DAEL

>From the Desk of Ronald S. Pugsley, Director, DAEL
Office of Vocational and Adult Education
Editor: Sarah Newcomb
Production: Rose Tilghman
January 10, 2002
___________________________________

Pugsley Named
Assistant Secretary's
Senior Advisor on
International Education
Ron Pugsley, long-time Director of the Division of Adult Education and
Literacy, has been selected as the Assistant Secretary's Senior Advisor on
International Education, Assistant Secretary D'Amico announced this week.
Ron will transfer to his new position on January 15, working out of the
Office of the Assistant Secretary. A national search to fill those
unfillable shoes is planned. Ron's outstanding contribution to the field of
adult education will serve us well in the future. We will miss him greatly.
In the interim, the Office of the Assistant Secretary will provide oversight
to the Division. Please direct questions to Deputy Assistant Secretary Rob
Muller at 202/205-5451. Congratulations, Ron!
Ron's Letter to the Field
As you know, next week I will begin my new position as the Senior Advisor to
Assistant Secretary D'Amico on International Education. Before I leave, I
want to let you know how much I appreciate your support and cooperation over
the last 12 years while I served as Director of the Division of Adult
Education and Literacy (DAEL).
As Director, I have been privileged to work with such an energetic,
committed, and insightful group of education professionals. The field of
adult education, and certainly our decisions here in DAEL, have benefited
greatly from your sharing of your time, talents and expertise.
Your support has been invaluable to me in performing my duties in this
office. Although I go on to a new assignment that holds exciting
possibilities, I will remember my work with you as among my most productive
days of federal service.
Sincerely,
Ron
A Fact Sheet from the Division of Adult Education and Literacy
Office of Vocational and Adult Education
OVAE Homepage http://www.ed.gov/offices/OVAE/