[NIFL-FAMILY:1293] Re: firstfind.info

From: David J. Rosen (DJRosen@theworld.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 19:52:25 EDT

Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 19:52:25 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "David J. Rosen" <DJRosen@theworld.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1293] Re: firstfind.info

Hello Anne,

I agree that the page you selected is at an intermediate, not a
beginner, level. (I did say that the range was low-to-intermediate.  I
doubt if any of the pages are for beginners. It's not intended as a
portal to instruction Websites.)  There are lots of Web pages in this
collection which are at an intermediate level -- and relatively few
Webpages at a low level.  This is because there aren't many (non
instructional) pages for a beginner level on the Web.  I think that a
strength of this collection is that so many of them are included.

I'd like to suggest that you look at some of the other sections of
firstfind.info   If you -- or anyone on NIFL-Family -- knows of
beginner, low or intermediate level Web pages that you would like to
recommend, please go to   http://firstfind.info/comments.html
and let the firstfind librarians know about them.

I am surprised, Anne, that you don't see this as a useful resource for
adults with low-to-intermediate level skills, that you see it as a
resource primarily for teachers.  I wonder if others on NIFL-Family
would agree with that?

Those who want to have a look for themselves should go to
http://www firstfind.info  or just type firstfind.info in your browser.

All the best,

David

David J. Rosen