[NIFL-FAMILY:1270] student speakers - National Family Literacy Conference

From: Bonnie Freeman (bfreeman@famlit.org)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 10:09:39 EDT

Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:09:39 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Bonnie Freeman" <bfreeman@famlit.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1270] student speakers - National Family Literacy Conference

Family Literacy Colleagues,
It is that time again!  Time to choose the wonderful student speakers for
the National Conference on Family Literacy.  Please consider nominating one
student from your program for this honor.  Last year we enjoyed hearing
Tyrone Alford from Charlotte, NC, Berta Perez from Washington, DC, Michelle
Dennison from Louisville, KY and Michelle and Darryl Lorenzo from New
Mexico.  If you regularly attend the national conference, you know how
special this part of the conference is for everyone.

We will need the nominations to come directly to me at bfreeman@famlit.org.
Please include the student's name, contact information, a description of the
family literacy services that your program offers, how long your program has
existed, your funding sources, a brief description of your program, and a
description of your student's public speaking experience.

Once we review the initial information, I will contact you, the program
director or coordinator, by email or telephone for more information.

Through our generous sponsors, we offer the selected student speakers travel
and ground expenses and a small honorarium.

I have been coordinating the student speakers for the national conference
since it began and each year I am humbled, excited and honored to be working
with such fine people.  Please have your nominations to us by October 1,
2002.  Remember send them to me not to the listserv.

As always,
With families in mind,

Bonnie Lash Freeman
Director - Training/Special Projects