[NIFL-FAMILY:1290] RE: firstfind.info -- a great new portal to plain English/easy reading, high interest Websites

From: Debbie Nichols (dnichols@famlit.org)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 17:46:06 EDT

Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:46:06 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Debbie Nichols" <dnichols@famlit.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1290] RE: firstfind.info -- a great new portal to plain English/easy reading, high interest Websites

Thanks David, for sharing information about this wonderful resource. Since
we're on the subject of portals, I thought I would let everyone know about
another Web resource specifically designed to answer questions about
literacy. The Ask Verizon Reads database, powered by the Ask Jeeves natural
language technology, contains content information provided by national
literacy partners (National Center for Family Literacy, National Institute
for Literacy, Laubach Literacy, American Library Association, and Reading is
Fundamental)and is chosen to address frequently asked questions. Future
content will be based on questions posed by visitors to the site as the
literacy partners adapt materials to meet the needs of the users. To ask
your questions about literacy, go to www.famlit.org and click on the FAQs
button!
Thanks,
Debbie Nichols