[NIFL-FAMILY:1660] ¡Colorín colorado!: Información, actividades y asesoría para padres de famil ia que hablan español

From: M. Lukes (mlukes@lacnyc.org)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 10:50:11 EDT

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:50:11 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "M. Lukes" <mlukes@lacnyc.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1660] ¡Colorín colorado!: Información, actividades y asesoría para padres de famil ia que hablan español

Dear Colleagues:

I just came across this site in Spanish designed for Spanish-speaking parents
of public school children. It is thorough, easy to navigate and extremely
positive in tone, offering resources and support in developing reading skills
and habits, communicating with school and knowing your rights, etc.  It also
takes into account parents' realities, addressing issues such as immigration
status and language skills directly without being too didactic.
I thought some of you might want to share it with teachers and parents in your
programs.

http://colorincolorado.org/

best,
  Marguerite

Marguerite Lukes
Director of Program Services
Literacy Assistance Center
32 Broadway, 10th floor
NY, NY 10004
ph: 212.803.3322   fax:212-785-3685
mlukes@lacnyc.org
http://www.lacnyc.org

"We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community...Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and our own."
--- César E. Chávez