[NIFL-FAMILY:1522] Family Literacy Legislation and an 'ideal' solution

From: Tricia Margolis (triciam@unitedwayglv.org)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 16:54:21 EDT

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:54:21 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Tricia Margolis" <triciam@unitedwayglv.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:1522] Family Literacy Legislation and an 'ideal' solution

Hi everyone,  I must admit I have never sent a question to a listserv
before:)  I am very new to the field of education and am enrolled in a
course at Columbia.  I am working on my second of two papers on Family
Literacy.  I have had a great deal of difficulty finding the research I need
and I was hoping that some of you may have some suggestions.  Part of the
paper deals with legislation that currently exists re: family literacy, what
it does and doesn't accomplish.  The other part deals with drafting
legislation (in an ideal world) to resolve the issues of Family Literacy,
what would the ideal Family Literacy legislation look like (besides having a
lot of 0's in the budget:)).  Any suggestions you may have would be greatly
appreciated.

Tricia

http://www.UnitedWayGLV.org