[NIFL-HEALTH:4113] Re: Literacy and Mental Health

From: Dr. Dean Schillinger (dean@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 15:43:30 EDT

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:43:30 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Dr. Dean Schillinger" <dean@itsa.ucsf.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4113] Re: Literacy and Mental Health

way to go tetine! Can you send me the pdf's or reprints? also, FYI I'm
meeting with Cal lit at 1pm this friday to discuss the policy piece. Can
you come? [sorry for late notice...no prob if you can't).

At 01:47 PM 9/15/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi NIFL folks,
>
>For anyone interested in the understudied area of low
>literacy and mental health, I just wanted to alert you
>to two brief papers of ours on this subject that came
>out in August. Hope these are helpful. Thanks, Tetine
>
>Sentell T & Shumway M. (2003). Low Literacy and Mental
>Illness in a Nationally Representative Sample. Journal
>of Nervous and Mental Disease, 191 (8): 549-552.
>
>Sentell T & Ratcliff-Baird B. (2003). Literacy and
>Comprehension of Beck Depression Inventory Response
>Alternatives. Community Mental Health Journal, 39 (4):
>323-331.
>

>=====
>Tetine Sentell, PhD
>UCSF/SFGH Department of Psychiatry
>2727 Mariposa Street, Suite 100
>San Francisco, CA 94110
>
>Phone: 415-437-3075
>Fax: 415-437-3020

Dean Schillinger, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
Division of General Internal Medicine
UCSF@SFGeneral Hospital
Primary Care Research Center, Ward 95
995 Potrero Ave