[NIFL-HEALTH:4099] RE: literacy/language/health

From: Leigh-Ann Topfer (Leigh-Ann.Topfer@ahfmr.ab.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 11:42:12 EDT

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:42:12 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Leigh-Ann Topfer" <Leigh-Ann.Topfer@ahfmr.ab.ca>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4099] RE: literacy/language/health

Hi James,

If you are interested in health technology assessment (HTA) / evidence based medicine information sources in Spanish, Toni Parada, the librarian at the Catalan Agency for Health Technology Assessment, in Barcelona, has done a lot of work on this. He has a list of Spanish medical web portals on their web site at: http://www.aatrm.net/cgi-bin/frame.pl/ang/links.html and has done a lot of training on Spanish language resources in health care, etc. Toni's e-mail is: tparada@aatrm.catsalut.net (He's also the author of an e-book chapter on Spanish language HTA resources, available on the National Library of Medicine web site at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/nichsr/ehta/chapter9.html)

Hope this is of some help. Cheers,
Leigh-Ann

Leigh-Ann Topfer
Research Officer
Canadian Coordinating Office for Health Technology Assessment (CCOHTA)
c/o AHFMR, Suite 1500, 10104-103 Ave
Edmonton, AB
Canada T5J 4A7

phone: (780) 423-5727 / fax: (780) 429-3509
e-mail: leigh-ann.topfer@ahfmr.ab.ca