[NIFL-HEALTH:4282] Health/information promotion in English and Spanish

From: Hodorowski, Julie K./Sloan-Kettering Institute (hodorowj@MSKCC.ORG)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 16:53:25 EST

Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:53:25 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Hodorowski, Julie K./Sloan-Kettering Institute" <hodorowj@MSKCC.ORG>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4282] Health/information promotion in English and Spanish

Take a look at www.CancerInfoNet.org especially the training manuals.
They offer credible cancer information in an organized, easy-to-read
format to health information seekers in English and Spanish.  The Web
site was created by the National Cancer Institute's (NCI) Cancer
Information Service of New York and is updated regularly.  The site is
listed as a "Best One Stop Shop" in The Medical Library Association
Encyclopedic Guide to Searching and Finding Health Information on the
Web."

For more information, contact:
Julie Keany Hodorowski RN, MA
Information Service Manager
Cancer Information Service of New York
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
"A program of the National Cancer Institute: Your link to cancer
information."
1-800-4-CANCER  < www.cancer.gov>