Research Menu

getfattr works, but getfilecon doesn't

From: Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham_at_cyclades.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 08:27:33 +1000

Hi.

Thanks for the responses to my email the other day.

I've made further progress, such that I now know that the labels are properly stored and accessible through the getfattr command, but not through getfilecon.

I added printks to the kernel, and see them activated in the case of getfattr, but not for getfilecon. The return code that getfilecon received back from its getxattr call is -1.

I can keep working through this myself, but if someone knows the answer offhand, I'd really appreciate hearing it.

Regards,

Nigel
--

Nigel Cunningham