Research

Re: I am add a custom rule, know how 2 do te file, what about fc file, please help

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_tycho.nsa.gov>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:09:52 -0500

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 01:38 +0000, Rongdong Lu wrote:
> Hi, List,
>
> Selinux has been driving me real crazy for the last serveral weeks, now
> finally I'am getting some clue.
>
> Here's a problem i am having now. I have a centos4 server, with selinux
> turned on, I can't use php to send out mail. I am using
> selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.126. I am trying to add a custom rule the
> first time.
>
> here is the error messge in messages log:
>
> Mar 25 20:19:14 example kernel: audit(1143335954.882:36): avc: denied {
> execute } for pid=10036 comm="sh" name="sendmail" dev=sda5 ino=1228853
> scontext=root:system_r:httpd_sys_script_t tcontext=system_u:object_r:var_t
> tclass=file
> Mar 25 20:19:14 example kernel: audit(1143335954.882:37): avc: denied {
> getattr } for pid=10036 comm="sh" name="sendmail" dev=sda5 ino=1228853
> scontext=root:system_r:httpd_sys_script_t tcontext=system_u:object_r:var_t
> tclass=file
>
> I know I can use audit2allow to get the rule to add in to a te file, but
> what do I add to the fc file? I couldn't find which is the command trys to
> access sendmail, a process with that pid one didn't exist after the error
> message is generated.
>
> any advice is appeciated, thanks in advance, guys

What does 'ls -Z /usr/bin/sendmail.sendmail' show?

You only need to create/modify a .fc file if you want to alter the file security contexts. The policy Makefile will complain if you create a .te file under domains/program without a matching .fc file over in file_contexts/program, but you can create arbitary .te files under domains/misc without creating any matching .fc file.

BTW, simply allowing the above is likely not what you want, but I'm not sure what options exist in centos systems for proper policy for sendmail et al (without switching to strict policy), or if they have a boolean for this case. I think similar questions have been asked in the past on fedora-selinux-list about php and mail.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency