Research Menu

Refpolicy: Small fix to make refpolicy compile with make from CVS

From: Thomas Bleher <bleher_at_informatik.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:49:58 +0100

With the make shipped with Debian and Ubuntu (and also the current CVS version) it is impossible to build the reference policy because make always complains about "make: Circular tmp/all_te_files.conf <- corenetwork.te dependency dropped." and produces incorrect output.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in make (see https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=13529 , it seems like vpath and .SECONDARY interact badly here); this small patch fixes the problem by not using .SECONDARY. I think it doesn't have any negative consequences, but I don't know all the make black magic, so maybe one of the make gurus can comment.

Thomas

  • Rules.modular.old 2006-02-18 00:49:29.000000000 +0000 +++ Rules.modular 2006-02-21 12:44:54.000000000 +0000 @@ -31,8 +31,6 @@ vpath %.if $(ALL_LAYERS) vpath %.fc $(ALL_LAYERS)

-.SECONDARY:
-

 #
 # default action: create all module packages