Research

Re: patches to policy question

From: Russell Coker <russell_at_coker.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:44:41 +0100

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:15, Tom wrote:
> I've posted a few patches against Russell's default policy, but I've
> started to wonder about the general workflow.
>
> Is Russell's policy worked into the NSA CVS, so the workflow would be
> 3rd Part -> Russell -> NSA ?
> Or would it be better if I (or anyone else) would also diff changes
> against the latest NSA release and post those patches?
>
> Is posting here the right way to submit patches anyway?

I regularly post patches here that get merged into the NSA tree.

If you are working based on my tree then sending the patches to me may be easiest for you. Also if you are working on something that I am working on or have recently worked on then it may be easiest for everyone if you send the patches to me.

But sending patches to the list which apply against the CVS will also work.

Posting patches here is the right way IMHO.